By Jerome F. Strauss III MD PhD, Robert L. Barbieri MD
Completely revised and now superior with colour paintings, the recent variation of this most suitable reference maintains to provide the most recent info at the analysis and administration of reproductive endocrine issues. nationwide and foreign leaders from the sphere of reproductive endocrinology-including 30 new authors-equip you with assurance that encompasses the entire spectrum of reproductive pathophysiology and issues, from being pregnant and start to reproductive getting older. Full-color illustrations and new drawings offer a real-life depiction of simple cellphone constructions and endocrine responses for a greater realizing of the fabric, whereas new chapters discover the problems shaping contemporary perform. As knowledgeable seek advice identify, it comprises handy on-line entry to the whole textual content of the book-fully searchable-along with the entire photos, and references associated with Medline at www.expertconsult.com.
- Covers the total spectrum of reproductive pathophysiology and issues, from being pregnant and beginning to reproductive getting older.
- Includes the paintings of leaders within the box of reproductive endocrinology for tips you could trust.
- Features each time, anyplace on-line entry to the whole textual content of the book-fully searchable-as good as the entire photographs, and references associated with Medline.
- Offers new content material on protection of fertility, endocrine disturbances affecting copy, imaging applied sciences, and adolescent reproductive endocrinology that discover the problems shaping modern practice.
- Includes full-color illustrations and new drawings which offer a real-life depiction of anatomy and telephone functionality and disorder for a better understanding.
- Provides an inventory of instructed readings on the finish of every bankruptcy for extra reference.
- Presents clean insights into modern box and destiny advances, in addition to a better overseas standpoint.
Read or Download Yen & Jaffe's Reproductive Endocrinology: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 6e PDF
Best endocrinology & metabolism books
The interdisciplinary paintings revealing different roles in organic methods of continual illnesses has resulted in a brand new box of study relating universal molecular and medical good points of power illnesses. Epidemiological literature indicates an organization among the heritage of metabolic syndrome/diabetes mellitus variety 2 and the danger of constructing quite a few cancers.
During this ebook, Harold Morowitz offers a brand new thought at the starting place of lifestyles in the world 4 billion years in the past. Morowitz postulates that step one towards the beginning of lifestyles used to be the spontaneous condensation of amphiphilic molecules to shape vesicles or protocells. This speculation offers a framework for reexamining the emergence of cellularity.
A pragmatic "how to" advisor for a number of equipment in metabolism, with a severe and goal dialogue of strengths, boundaries, and applicable purposes of the defined tools. Edited via the winner of the Oskar-Minkowski Prize of the EASD in 2006 scientific trials in populations susceptible to or with overt diabetes mellitus are being played everywhere in the international to check novel medicines and techniques to handling those ailments.
This built-in medical reference bargains candid assurance and expert perspectives on thyroid functionality and sickness. conscientiously precise line drawings elucidate the discussions by way of three popular clinicians. assurance comprises thyroid hormone biosynthesis, laboratory overview, unhazardous goiter, hyperthyroidism, thyroid sickness in being pregnant, malignant illnesses, thyroiditis, and masses extra
- Nitrogen Excretion
- Minimally Invasive Therapies for Endocrine Neck Diseases
- Molecular Nutrition and Diabetes : A Volume in the Molecular Nutrition Series
- Thyroid Cancer: A Case-Based Approach
- Handbook of Obesity: Clinical Applications, Third Edition
Additional info for Yen & Jaffe's Reproductive Endocrinology: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 6e
These neurons project to GnRH neurons, stimulating GnRH activity. In the absence of estradiol, Kiss1 neurons are highly active, leading to elevated GnRH/gonadotropin secretion. When estradiol levels rise, Kiss1 activity decreases, leading to a reduction in GnRH activity and gonadotropin secretion. Positive feedback: Kiss1 neurons in the anteroventral periventricular nucleus (AVPV) also express ERα, but they are stimulated by estradiol. They may also receive inputs from the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), which relay time-of-day information and project to GnRH neurons.
Indeed, the phenomenon of seasonal breeding—which is characteristic of most nonequatorial mammals—reflects the effect of seasonal food availability on reproductive success. , fat) to address the caloric demands of mating (consider the rutting elk), pregnancy, and lactation. The energy burden of reproduction rests more heavily on females than on males, and thus the effect of caloric restriction (and limited fat reserves) is greater in females. , glucose, amino acids, fatty acids). One of the most astonishing features of the effect of diet on reproduction is how rapidly the body responds— often within just days (Fig.
Central infusions of MCH stimulate feeding, and transgenic mice that overexpress MCH overeat and become obese. MCH also stimulates GnRH and LH secretion, and MCH-containing fibers are found in close approximation to GnRH neurons. Thus, MCH, like orexins, could conceivably be part of the hypothalamic circuitry that integrates metabolism and reproduction. Kiss1 neurons express the leptin receptor, and the expression of Kiss1 mRNA is regulated (induced) by leptin. , insulin deficient) have profoundly reduced expression of Kiss1 in the hypothalamus.