By Creager M. A., Dzau V. J., Loscalzo J.
Faucet into the newest wisdom and techniques to vascular medication with the great, clinically orientated assurance of this new addition to the Braunwald’s center affliction kinfolk. You’ll locate today’s top equipment for opting for and treating arterial ailments of the limbs * renal, mesenteric and cerebral movement difficulties * aortic aneurysms * vasospastic illnesses * vasculitides * venous thromboembolisms * lymphedema * and lots more and plenty extra. * Integrates a latest figuring out of vascular biology with an intensive evaluation of scientific vascular ailment. * Covers the elemental biology of blood vessels and the pathobiologic origin of vascular ailment. * offers an in-depth, cutting-edge overview of all vascular ailments with emphasis on pathophysiology, prognosis, and administration. * Discusses the entire most up-to-date advances in vascular medication and enables the actual analysis, overview, and remedy of vascular disorder.
Read Online or Download Vascular Medicine - A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease PDF
Similar medicine books
A transparent, entire advent to ailment, Pathophysiology, fifth version explores the etiology, pathogenesis, medical manifestations, and remedy of issues. devices are prepared via physique approach, and every starts with an illustrated evaluation of anatomy and general body structure. A dialogue then follows at the ailment strategies and abnormalities that can happen, with a spotlight at the pathophysiologic suggestions concerned.
- Life-Span Extension: Single-Cell Organisms to Man
- Handbook of Drugs in Intensive Care: An A-Z Guide
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Self-Assessment and Board Review, 17th edition
- The New Pregnancy Bible: The Experts' Guide to Pregnancy and Early Parenthood
- Current Advances in Osteosarcoma
Extra info for Vascular Medicine - A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
47. Moessler H, Mericskay M, Li Z, et al: The SM 22 promoter directs tissue-specific expression in arterial but not in venous or visceral smooth muscle cells in transgenic mice. Development 122:2415, 1996. 48. Tsuda T, Wang H, Timpl R, et al: Fibulin-2 expression marks transformed mesenchymal cells in developing cardiac valves, aortic arch vessels, and coronary vessels. Dev Dyn 222:89, 2001. 49. Sata M, Saiura A, Kunisato A, et al: Hematopoietic stem cells differentiate into vascular cells that participate in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis.
In transplanted hearts, between 6%50 and 60%51 of new vessel growth appeared to derive from the bone marrow. These data suggest that bone-marrow– derived cells contribute importantly to the VSMC response to injury and disease. FUNCTIONS OF VASCULAR SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLS Contraction and Maintenance of Tone The key functional role of VSMC in many vessels (especially arterioles) is to maintain tone. In resistance arterioles, this is a major task, requiring energy expenditure 24 hours every day all year long.
J Biol Chem 275:21722, 2000. 59. Sandu OA, Ito M, Begum N: Selected contribution: Insulin utilizes NO/cGMP pathway to activate myosin phosphatase via Rho inhibition in vascular smooth muscle. J Appl Physiol 91:1475, 2001. 60. Cohen RA, Weisbrod RM, Gericke M, et al: Mechanism of nitric oxide-induced vasodilatation: Refilling of intracellular stores by sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase and inhibition of store-operated Ca2+ influx. Circ Res 84:210, 1999. 61. Komalavilas P, Lincoln TM: Phosphorylation of the inositol 1,4, 5-trisphosphate receptor.