By M. Michael Cohen
Overgrowth Syndromes provides a huge but in-depth dialogue of kids who're huge at beginning or event over the top postnatal development or a few mixture of elevated weight, size, and head circumference. a lot of those syndromes are linked to an elevated frequency of tumors. The publication is necessary as a result of the ever-increasing variety of newly pointed out overgrowth syndromes and the fast development of molecular wisdom of those stipulations. It covers: Beckwith Wiedemann syndrome, Simpson-Golabi-Behmel syndrome, Sotos syndrome, Proteus syndrome, Bannayan-Riley-Ruvalcaba syndrome, Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome, neurofibromatosis, and fragile X syndrome, between different issues. every one bankruptcy offers a ancient viewpoint and offers with epidemiology, etiology, and molecular biology while recognized, scientific and pathological positive aspects, diagnostic standards, and differential prognosis. The ebook is encyclopedic in scope. it is going to be of price to pediatricians, scientific geneticists, oncologists, hematologists, surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, dermatologists, nephrologists, and molecular biologists.
Read Online or Download Overgrowth Syndromes (Oxford Monographs on Medical Genetics) PDF
Best endocrinology & metabolism books
The interdisciplinary paintings revealing assorted roles in organic methods of continual illnesses has resulted in a brand new box of study bearing on universal molecular and medical beneficial properties of continual illnesses. Epidemiological literature indicates an organization among the background of metabolic syndrome/diabetes mellitus variety 2 and the chance of constructing various cancers.
During this publication, Harold Morowitz offers a brand new conception at the foundation of existence on the earth 4 billion years in the past. Morowitz postulates that step one towards the beginning of lifestyles was once the spontaneous condensation of amphiphilic molecules to shape vesicles or protocells. This speculation presents a framework for reexamining the emergence of cellularity.
A pragmatic "how to" consultant for a number of equipment in metabolism, with a severe and aim dialogue of strengths, boundaries, and acceptable purposes of the defined equipment. Edited by means of the winner of the Oskar-Minkowski Prize of the EASD in 2006 medical trials in populations vulnerable to or with overt diabetes mellitus are being played all over the global to check novel medicinal drugs and methods to dealing with those illnesses.
This built-in medical reference deals candid assurance and expert perspectives on thyroid functionality and disorder. rigorously targeted line drawings elucidate the discussions through three well known clinicians. assurance comprises thyroid hormone biosynthesis, laboratory evaluate, unhazardous goiter, hyperthyroidism, thyroid ailment in being pregnant, malignant illnesses, thyroiditis, and masses extra
- The Thinking Person's Guide to Diabetes: The Draznin Plan
- Obesity : evaluation and treatment essentials
- The Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis in Health and Disease: Cushing’s Syndrome and Beyond
- Metabolism of Aromatic Amino Acids and Amines
- Obesity and Diabetes: New Surgical and Nonsurgical Approaches
Extra resources for Overgrowth Syndromes (Oxford Monographs on Medical Genetics)
Lubinsky M, Herrmann J, Kosseff AL, Opitz JM: Letter: Autosomal-dominant sex-dependent transmission of the Wiedemann-Beckwith syndrome. Lancet 1:932, 1974. Lubinsky MS, Hall JG: Genomic imprinting, monozygous twinning, and X inactivation [letter] [see comments]. Lancet 337:1288, 1991. Maher ER, Reik W: Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome: Imprinting in clusters revisited [see comments]. J Clin Invest 105:247-252, 2000. 3-pter involved in the Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome and various human neoplasia. Eur J Hum Genet 2:3-23, 1994.
43. Hark AT, Schoenherr CJ, Katz DJ, Ingram RS, Levorse JM, Tilghman SM: CTCF mediates methylation-sensitive enhancer-blocking activity at the H19/Igf2 locus [see comments]. Nature 405:486^89, 2000. 44. Hatada I, Ohashi H, Fukushima Y, Kaneko Y, Inoue M, Komoto Y, Okada A, Ohishi S, Nabetani A, Morisaki H, Nakayama M, Niikawa N, Mukai T: An imprinted gene p57Klp2 is mutated in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome [see comments]. Nat Genet 14:171-173, 1996. 45. Hoyme HE, Seaver LH, Jones KL, Procopio F, Crooks W, Feingold M: Isolated hemihyperplasia (hemihypertrophy): Report of a prospective multicenter study of the incidence of neoplasia and review.
86. 87. 88. 89. 90. 91. 92. 93. 94. 94a. port from the National Wilms Tumor Study Group. J Clin Oncol 18:2026-2031, 2000. Raine PA, Noblett HR, Houghton-Allen BW, Campbell PE: Breast fibroadenoma and cardiac anomaly associated with EMG (Beckwith-Wiedemann) syndrome. J Pediatr 94:633-634, 1979. Rainier S, Johnson LA, Dobry CJ, Ping AJ, Grundy PE, Feinberg AP: Relaxation of imprinted genes in human cancer. Nature 362: 747-749, 1993. Reddy JK, Schimke RN, Chang CH, Svoboda DJ, Slaven J, Therou L: Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome.