By Ari Ojell
Read Online or Download One Word, One Body, One Voice : Studies in Apophatic Theology and Christocentric Anthropology in Gregory of Nyssa PDF
Best education books
A symptom-based model of the critically-acclaimed Norton/Surgery: simple technology and scientific facts, studying surgical procedure offers a prepared connection with these in 3rd and fourth 12 months residencies. crucial algorithms and case displays meet with clerkship studying targets as defined by means of the organization of Surgical schooling of their ASE guide.
The most manner within which study findings might be disseminated to a large viewers is through the mass media. besides the fact that, there are common lawsuits that media assurance of social and academic examine is particularly constrained and sometimes hugely distorted. Exploring this factor intensive, this key e-book analyzes British media stories of a examine evaluation facing ethnic inequalities in academic success.
- The Politics of Education Reforms
- The Teaching Gap: Best Ideas from the World's Teachers for Improving Education in the Classroom
- Upon What Does the Turtle Stand?: Rethinking Education for the Digital Age
- Assessing the Online Learner: Resources and Strategies for Faculty (Online Teaching and Learning Series (OTL))
- Architecture and Authority in Japan (Nissan Institute Routledge Japanese Studies Series)
- Studien zum 9. Buch von Lucans 'Bellum Civile' (Gottinger Forum fur Altertumswissenschaft)
Additional info for One Word, One Body, One Voice : Studies in Apophatic Theology and Christocentric Anthropology in Gregory of Nyssa
A good general hypothesis could be that the ‘part’played by the person of Christ in ‘Gregory’s scheme’is central, indeed, the leading role. 53 Whether or not Gregory was an inconsistent thinker, part of our problem is that we tend to analyse the details of his argumentation too hastily, without taking notice that Gregory was a writer who used a method when expressing his thoughts. Coherency was one his own concerns: when judging him in the issue, it is of vital importance to take notice of his method and consider how exactly his argumentation is to be approached in order to reach the point of making a right judgement.
Cf. An et res PG 45, 64A-B 90 Cf. J. ZACHHUBER 2000, 240. 89 43 secondly, what would comprehensively define Gregory’s anthropological goal (telos) in organic relation to his overarching theological, Trinitarian aim (skopos)? There are two words that come to mind as a suggestion for the principle and the goal, one quite clear, the other not so clear: apophasis and Christocentricism. 3. 1. 92 As a ‘principle’, apophasis most certainly is present in Gregory’s theological discourse, although it is not there given any special name.
1. 92 As a ‘principle’, apophasis most certainly is present in Gregory’s theological discourse, although it is not there given any special name. There is hence a scholarly agreement that it is adequate to call Gregory’s theological thinking either ‘apophatic’93 or ‘negative’ in some sense or another,94 over a century before the explizite Terminus der Apophatischen Theologie in 91 Cf. D. CARABINE 1995,9. Cf. D. CARABINE, 1992, 79. e. in distinction to kataphasis, ‘affirmation’, or knowledge of God in his energies or powers.