By Katrin Ostertag
(2) Do latest estimates of the no-regret power face up to are-evaluation inside this framework? due to this research the dimensions of past estimates for no-regret potentials will be transformed - in phrases ofenergy reductions or in monetary phrases. at the foundation of those findings, we are going to process the overriding 3rd examine query: (3) How huge is the no-regret capability and what determines its measurement? the next bankruptcy will supply a fuller account of the talk on no-regret potentials. this may be complemented via a close theory-based definition of no remorse potentials in bankruptcy 2. The thesis will concentration totally on the micro-level of study. yet we'll additionally tackle the consequences ofour findings for the research ofenergy saving measures and regulations at extra mixture degrees, particularly inside a feasibility learn for adapting a version which represents the extent of the nationwide economic system. the controversy on no-regret potentials 1 foundation, context, concerns The time period "no-regret potentials" was once coined throughout the debate on weather swap. It designates possibilities for the aid of greenhouse gasoline (GHG) emissions ". . . which are worthy venture even if there are climate-related purposes for doing so. " (IPCC 1996, p. 271). within the IPCC's 3rd overview record (TAR), no remorse potentials are more and more equated with GHG emission aid potentials at damaging (net) charges (lPCC 2001, p. 21).
Read or Download No-regret Potentials in Energy Conservation: An Analysis of Their Relevance, Size and Determinants PDF
Best oil & energy books
Reflecting its reliance on fossil fuels, the electrical energy produces the vast majority of the world's greenhouse fuel emissions. the necessity for a revolution within the turns into extra obvious provided that 'decarbonization' capacity an expanding electrification of alternative sectors of the economic system? specifically, via a change from fuel to electrical autos.
This booklet makes a speciality of Renewable power (RE) governance - the associations, plans, regulations and stakeholders which are serious about RE implementation - and the complexities and demanding situations linked to this a lot mentioned strength quarter. when RE applied sciences have complex and turn into more affordable, governance schemes hardly aid these applied sciences in a good and not pricey method.
Environmental asset periods will not be a wish for the next day yet a truth at the present time. This new asset type supplies to develop dramatically within the twenty first Century as monetary analysts, traders, and companies around the globe try and locate how you can revenue or decrease bills whereas selling environmental social merits.
A brand new ebook from the IEA featuring complete global power information, formerly awarded in strength statistics of OECD international locations and effort information of Non-OECD international locations, global power information includes particular info on all power resources – coal, gasoline, oil, electrical energy, renewables and waste.
- Energy from the Desert: Very Large Scale Photovoltaic Systems: Socio-economic, Financial, Technical and Environmental Aspects
- Energy Efficiency Clauses in Charter Party Agreements: Legal and Economic Perspectives and their Application to Ocean Grain Transport
- The Vega Factor: Oil Volatility and the Next Global Crisis
- Handbook of Oil Industry Terms and Phrases
- Palm Oil and Protest: An Economic History of the Ngwa Region, South-Eastern Nigeria, 1800-1980 (African Studies)
Additional info for No-regret Potentials in Energy Conservation: An Analysis of Their Relevance, Size and Determinants
Boyd, Pang 2000; Boyd et al. 1993, 1992; or Huntington 1994 for a review). Such a measure would imply a move from F to A. The criterion by which no-regret advocates typically determine the firm's position relative to point A is their empirical manifestation of opportunities for simultaneous cost and energy savings at the level of the energy system or at the micro-level of costs and benefits. They do not normally distinguish between cases of technical inefficiency (i. e. a position of the firm above the isoquant, such as D) or allocative inefficiency (i.
3 The standard theory of market failure 51 of average pricing and price discrimination in this industry, Walz claims that this leads to lower than competitive prices (point F instead of M or A) and consequently to an over-consumption of electricity. This is a common argument in the no-regret debate 46 . However, while low energy prices are certainly a "barrier" to the reduction of electricity consumption, in the above situation it is much more difficult to argue that they are a result of market failure.
It is particularly well covered in IPCC 1996, 1996a; see also Krause 1996 and Grubb et al. 1999, p. 315ff. 2 The issues of the no-regret controversy 27 interaction with energy (service) consumption24 . Furthermore, it may be richer in its representation of technology choice, which is an advantage for the representation of no-regret potentials. If a general economic model also offers a sufficient degree of disaggregation, the energy system level can be distinguished and observed in the variables as part of the general economic model (for an example see Chap.