By John T. Hansen
Netter's Anatomy Flash playing cards are the handiest and conveyable approach to evaluate anatomy at the fly. This third version comprises full-color illustrations from Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy, fifth variation paired with concise textual content selecting these buildings and reviewing suitable anatomical details and medical correlations. on-line entry at studentconsult.com helps you to assessment anatomy from any machine, plus extra "bonus" playing cards and over three hundred multiple-choice questions. Netter. it truly is the way you know.
- The entrance of every flashcard contains a full-color representation from Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy, fifth version, with numbered traces pointing to key buildings. at the again, concise textual content identifies these buildings and studies suitable anatomical info and medical correlations.
- Pre-punched holes and a handy binding ring make it effortless to hold chosen teams of flashcards with you.
- Online entry at studentconsult.com permits you to overview the flashcards from any desktop, and extra try your wisdom with extra "bonus" playing cards and over three hundred multiple-choice questions.
- New scientific Notes assist you specialise in the main appropriate medical implications of anatomical ideas, worthwhile in getting ready for the USMLE Step 1 exam.
Read Online or Download Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards: with Online Student Consult Access, 3e PDF
Best endocrinology & metabolism books
The interdisciplinary paintings revealing different roles in organic procedures of persistent ailments has resulted in a brand new box of study bearing on universal molecular and medical good points of persistent ailments. Epidemiological literature indicates an organization among the heritage of metabolic syndrome/diabetes mellitus variety 2 and the chance of constructing a number of cancers.
During this ebook, Harold Morowitz offers a brand new concept at the foundation of lifestyles on the earth 4 billion years in the past. Morowitz postulates that step one towards the beginning of existence used to be the spontaneous condensation of amphiphilic molecules to shape vesicles or protocells. This speculation presents a framework for reexamining the emergence of cellularity.
A realistic "how to" advisor for a number of equipment in metabolism, with a severe and target dialogue of strengths, boundaries, and acceptable purposes of the defined equipment. Edited via the winner of the Oskar-Minkowski Prize of the EASD in 2006 scientific trials in populations liable to or with overt diabetes mellitus are being played everywhere in the international to check novel medications and methods to coping with those illnesses.
This built-in scientific reference bargains candid insurance and expert perspectives on thyroid functionality and illness. conscientiously targeted line drawings elucidate the discussions via three popular clinicians. assurance comprises thyroid hormone biosynthesis, laboratory evaluate, unhazardous goiter, hyperthyroidism, thyroid sickness in being pregnant, malignant ailments, thyroiditis, and masses extra
- Diabetes - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Illustrated Pathology of the Bone Marrow
- Appetite and Food Intake: Behavioral and Physiological Considerations
- Metabolic & Therapeutic Aspects of Amino Acids in Clinical Nutrition, Second Edition
- Insulin Therapy
- Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease: Epidemiology, Assessment, and Management
Extra resources for Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards: with Online Student Consult Access, 3e
The most common sites of fracture are the cuspid (canine tooth) area and just anterior to the third molar area. Head and Neck Atlas Plate 56 Tooth 4 5 1 6 2 7 8 3 9 10 11 Head and Neck 1-11 Tooth 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. Crown Neck Root Enamel (substantia adamantina) Dentine and dentinal tubules (substantia eburnea) Dental pulp containing vessels and nerves Gingival (gum) epithelium (stratified) Periodontium (alveolar periosteum) Cement (cementum) Root (central) canals containing vessels and nerves Apical foramina Comment: Each tooth is composed of an enamel-covered crown, dentine, and pulp.
Anterior arch 7. Spinous process 8. Dens 9. Superior articular facet for atlas 10. Pedicle Comment: The 1st cervical vertebra is the atlas. It is named after the Greek god Atlas, who is often depicted with the world on his shoulders. The atlas has no body or spine but is made of anterior and posterior arches. The transverse processes contain a foramen that transmits the vertebral vessels. The 2nd cervical vertebra is the axis. Its most characteristic feature is the dens (odontoid process). The dens articulates with the anterior arch of the atlas, providing a pivot about which the atlas and head can rotate.
Stylomandibular ligament 5. Mandibular fossa 6. Articular disc 7. Articular tubercle 8. Joint capsule Comment: The temporomandibular joint is the synovial joint between the mandibular fossa and the articular tubercle of the temporal bone and head of the mandible. The joint’s 2 synovial cavities are separated by an articular disc. This unique joint combines an upper uniaxial, gliding joint, for forward gliding (protrusion) and backward gliding (retraction) movements and some side-to-side motion.