By Delbert H. Long, Roberta A. Long
A finished examine of instructor education in Russia, this booklet specializes in the current whereas additionally supplying heritage details on tsarist and Soviet instructor education. The concluding bankruptcy offers a provocative dialogue of difficulties and demanding situations universal to instructor education in Russia and America.Having lived in Russia for prolonged classes of time due to the fact that 1975, the authors base their publication not just on scholarly assets yet on their first-hand observations and reviews in Russian colleges and instructor education associations, and on questionnaires and interviews with Russian scholars, mom and dad, academics, directors, and instructor educators.The authors offer a finished examine of the lifelong instructor education strategy in Russia, beginning with pedagogical gymnasiums and lengthening via education in schools, institutes, universities, and public colleges. The booklet specializes in the current yet offers the reader with priceless heritage info on schooling of academics throughout the tsarist and Soviet sessions. no matter if discussing instructor schooling below Alexander II, Stalin, Gorbachev, or Yeltsin, the Longs express the shut interrelationship between basic, college, and instructor schooling historical past. The ebook concludes with a provocative dialogue of difficulties and demanding situations universal to instructor education in Russia and the US. The authors convincingly argue that powerful reform of faculties in both Russia or the USA needs to commence with reform of instructor education.
Read Online or Download Education of Teachers in Russia: (Contributions to the Study of Education) PDF
Best education books
A symptom-based model of the critically-acclaimed Norton/Surgery: simple technology and medical facts, studying surgical procedure offers a prepared connection with these in 3rd and fourth yr residencies. crucial algorithms and case shows meet with clerkship studying ambitions as defined by way of the organization of Surgical schooling of their ASE handbook.
The most approach within which examine findings may be disseminated to a large viewers is through the mass media. in spite of the fact that, there are common lawsuits that media insurance of social and academic learn is particularly constrained and infrequently hugely distorted. Exploring this factor intensive, this key e-book analyzes British media experiences of a examine overview facing ethnic inequalities in academic fulfillment.
- Architecture and Authority in Japan (Nissan Institute Routledge Japanese Studies Series)
- The Earliest Text of the Hebrew Bible: The Relationship Between the Masoretic Text and the Hebrew Base of the Septuagint Reconsidered (Septuagint and Cognate Studies Series)
- National Reports on the Transfer of Movables in Europe: Austria, Estonia, Italy, Slovenia (Schriften Zur Europaischen Rechtswissenschaft European Legal Studies Estudes Juridiques Europeennes)
- The Great University Gamble: Money, Markets and the Future of Higher Education
Additional resources for Education of Teachers in Russia: (Contributions to the Study of Education)
Polytechnical labor education is a simple concept that was generally accepted by Soviet political and educational leaders from 1917 to the breakup of the Soviet empire in 199 1. ) and how the concept should be applied in the public school system. ”16 Polytechnical Education The united labor school was divided into two levels. '^ Lunacharskii gave the word labor in the title of the united labor school a clearly polytechnical orientation. ”l8 In this same decree, Lunacharskii “energetically protested” against any attempt to introduce trade training into the level 1 school.
10. McClelland, Autocrats, pp. 36, 43-44. 11. Nicholas Hans, Histoly of Russian Educational Policy (1701-1917) (London: P. S. King & Son, 1931), pp. 211-221. 12. Johnson, Educational Heritage, p. 296. 13. Eklof, Russian Peasant Schools, pp. 194-195. 14. Quoted in Patrick L. : Stanford University Press, 1969), p. 229. Except where otherwise noted, the next six paragraphs in the text draw on this book, pp. 229-232, 241-243. 15. Scott J. Seregny, “Teachers, Politics and the Peasant Community in Russia,” in School and Socieg in Tsarist and Soviet Russia, ed.
4) The Communist Party and workers have identical aims. (5) Only the Communist Party can lead mankind to communism. I3 A s defined by Marx, polytechnical labor education “imparts the general principles of all processes of production, and simultaneously initiates the child and young person in the practical use and handling of the elementary instruments of all trades. . ” l 4 Marx’s assumption that polytechnism should combine “teaching and learning about economic production with practical work experience”’5 was endorsed by Lenin and by the commissar who headed the Commissariat of EnlightenmentEducation (Narkompros), Anatolii K.