By Shonali Pachauri
With power intake set to develop into one of many greatest concerns within the day-by-day lives of owners world wide, this publication couldn't be extra proper – even though it specializes in India. Pachauri adopts a socio-economic method of studying the power process and effort intake in India from a family standpoint. The paintings additionally contains an important features frequently neglected: particularly, the significance of non-commercial assets of power, and variety within the styles of power utilization.
Read Online or Download An Energy Analysis of Household Consumption: Changing Patterns of Direct and Indirect Use in India (Alliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries) PDF
Similar oil & energy books
Reflecting its reliance on fossil fuels, the electrical strength produces the vast majority of the world's greenhouse fuel emissions. the necessity for a revolution within the turns into extra obvious on condition that 'decarbonization' ability an expanding electrification of different sectors of the economic climate? specifically, via a change from gas to electrical autos.
This e-book specializes in Renewable strength (RE) governance - the associations, plans, rules and stakeholders which are excited about RE implementation - and the complexities and demanding situations linked to this a lot mentioned strength quarter. when RE applied sciences have complex and turn into more affordable, governance schemes not often help these applied sciences in an effective and competitively priced manner.
Environmental asset sessions aren't a wish for day after today yet a truth at the present time. This new asset classification can provide to develop dramatically within the twenty first Century as monetary analysts, traders, and firms around the globe attempt to locate how you can revenue or decrease bills whereas selling environmental social merits.
A brand new booklet from the IEA providing entire global power records, formerly awarded in power information of OECD international locations and effort data of Non-OECD nations, global strength information comprises targeted info on all power resources – coal, gasoline, oil, electrical energy, renewables and waste.
- Valuing Oil and Gas Companies. A Guide to the Assessment and Evaluation of Assets, Performance and Prospects
- Can Good Economics Ever Be Good Politics? Case Study of India's Power Sector (World Bank Working Papers)
- Mental Modeling Approach: Risk Management Application Case Studies
- Energy from the Desert: Very Large Scale Photovoltaic Systems: Socio-economic, Financial, Technical and Environmental Aspects
Additional resources for An Energy Analysis of Household Consumption: Changing Patterns of Direct and Indirect Use in India (Alliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries)
5. 3 Source: GoI (2001). Within the petroleum sector too, the government now allows private sector investment in exploration as well as refining activities. Though traditionally it followed an Administered Pricing Regime (APM), it passed a resolution in 1997 to gradually dismantle this regime as well as the distribution controls originally regulated by the state. The government continues to subsidise most petroleum products for residential users. The fuels that are consumed within the domestic sector are largely kerosene and LPG for cooking and lighting and diesel, motor spirit and gasoline for transport.
In general, social factors associated with household energy use patterns are largely related to the inequity in access and consumption of different types of energy across different households. Rural households in India have fewer energy choices than urban ones and richer households have more choices as compared to poorer ones. In rural areas, choices are constrained by lack of access to more 34 Chapter 2: An Overview of Energy Consumption in India commercial fuels and markets for energy using equipments and appliances.
Appendix 3A, at the end of this chapter, provides information on the composition of the sectors in the new sector classification. The next modification to the input-output tables consisted of adding an additional row and column to represent the non-commercial energy sector, which was originally not included in the official tables. This effectively made the tables into a 100-sector classification. Non-commercial energy 46 Chapter 3: Energy Analysis and Energy Intensities for India still comprises a very large share of direct household energy use in developing countries like India, and therefore it was felt that it was crucial to include its use in a study that aimed to analyse total energy requirements of households.